Website Care and Maintenance
Keep your site safe and secure
Security for Your Website Made Simple
You’ve put a lot of time and effort into designing and building your website (and if you haven’t, I can help with that, too). You’ve spent hours writing content, choosing the right images, creating a unique online experience for your customers.
It’s important to protect your hard work from malware, malicious bots and hackers that can compromise your site and affect your SEO ranking. You’ll need to apply periodic security patches to the core WordPress installation, and update essential plugins and theme files to make sure your site continues to run smoothly and efficiently. Don’t forget to implement a comprehensive off-site backup solution in case you need to restore the content of your site.
If you don’t have the time or inclination to take care of these tasks, I can help. My promise to you is that I will respond promptly to your maintenance requests, and care for your website like it’s one of my own.
Plans Start at $69 per Month*
No contracts or termination fees.
*Annual Pricing Discount: pay for 11 months, receive 12 months of protection and security!
How I Protect & Maintain Your Site
Your site is kept optimized, maintained and running efficiently through monthly updates to the core, theme and plugin files.
Your site is monitored and protected in real time from malware, hackers and spam with WordFence®, the best security plugin available.
Your site is archived locally, and backed up weekly to a cloud-based redundant server, with up to 4 available restore points.
You’ll receive a monthly activity report on tasks completed to keep your site secure, basic traffic statistics, and more.
Special Offer for New Customers!
When you enroll in the Website Care and Maintenance Plan, I’ll include up to one hour of minor website updates every month! You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that your site is safe, secure, and that I’ll take care of any minor updates, additions or edits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question not covered here? Feel free to contact me.
What happens if I don't enroll in the plan?
If you decide to decline the maintenance and care plan, there’s a lot that can go wrong. Here are some of the top reasons I recommend you make sure your website is maintained:
- The site will not be optimized which leads to poor performance, slow loading times and a gradual loss of Google SEO rankings.
- The site’s tools, plugins, themes and WordPress core installation will quickly go out of date which is the #1 leading cause of website hacks. It’s critically important to keep your website components and plugins up-to-date.
- You’ll have no offsite backups or restore points. If the site get hacked or compromised, you could lose all your content, pages and Google SEO ranking.
- You won’t get a comprehensive monthly report overviewing your site traffic, page views, bounce rates, etc.
- Most importantly, you’ll be responsible for the entiretly of maintaining your site. You won’t have me as your trusted partner to assist you with minor updates problems or website issues. Most likely, you’ll have to contact your hosting company for assistance, or I’ll be able help on an hourly basis at my current rates.
What happens if I don't enroll in the plan and my site gets hacked or infected?
I’ll clean and restore the site for an initial cleanup fee of $350. I’d then strongly recommend that you enroll in the maintenance plan immediately to make sure it remains clean and protected from malware and hackers.
What if my site gets hacked or compromised while I'm on the plan?
If your site should get compromised while you’re on the plan, I’ll take care of cleaning and restoring the site at no extra cost to you.
Are there any setup or cancellation fees?
There is never a cost to un-enroll from the plan.
- If I’m building or redesigning your site, there is no setup fee if you are joining our maintenance program immediatly after the project is complete.
- If it’s been more than six months since I built your site, or if you have made changes to the site since within those 6 months, there is a $199 setup fee.
If I don't use my monthly allowance of maintenance time, does it roll over to the following month?
The monthly hourly retainer is applicable for only that month. If you have edits that require more than your monthly allotment, check out my current hourly rates.
What if I have site updates that require more than 1 hour?
I’ll always do my best to get your site updates completed within 1 hour, but if you have updates that will require additonal time, I’ll provide you with an estimate of time and cost at our current hourly rate.
Ready to Protect Your Site?
OR HAVE SOME QUESTIONS?